Shopping experience matters. Deloitte reports that while shoppers are still visiting Bricks and Mortar shops to complete transactions, more sales are driven by digital devices.
The findings reveal that while over 90% of purchases are still made in-store, around 40% of visits to a shop are influenced by digital channels.
Bricks and Clicks retailers should increase their customer’s shopping experience
David White of Deloitte believes digital platforms are driving customers to shops. Bricks and Clicks retailers should therefore focus on streamlining the shopping experience they offer across all channels. Bricks and Clicks retailers should mimic the shopping experience at their shops that their customers had online.
Customers who visit Bricks and Clicks retailers have empowered themselves with knowledge they found online. They know what they want when they visit the shop.
Bricks and Clicks retailers can improve the shopping experience of their customers by doing the following:
- Eliminate the cash register in the shop. Rather let salespeople handle the sales transaction on smartphones before sending customer receipts via email.
- Give customers the option to buy products online. They can pick them up at the shop or buy online and return them at the shop.
- Enable customers to scan and bag their own merchandise.
- Bricks and Mortar retailers can introduce digital technologies, such as virtual fitting tools and virtual product aisles, in their shops.
- Some forward thinking retailers is considering introducing a virtual mirror that overlays a digital image on top of a normal mirror allowing the customer to see how clothing fits.
By making the shopping experience as efficient and simple as possible at the Bricks and Clicks’s physical shop, the business will grow. The customer will enjoy the same experience in the shop as what she is experiencing online.
Unfortunately, most retailers are still unable to meet the needs of their consumers by creating a shopping experience where online and offline intersect.
A well researched and written Business Plan helps to get your business started the right way.